Procol Harum: formed in London in 1967 and are most famous for the hit A Whiter Shade of Pale. Thanks, John Greenway, It's very difficult for people to get the hang of.' We never even questioned it, never even thought if it was a good name, we just went ahead with that suggestion. It was the manager of the band, Guy Stevens, who came up with the band name: a friend of his had a cat called Procol Harum - at least that was what the cat’s name sounded like. He played in a And somebody else, in fact a chap called Guy Stevens who was quite instrumental in Gary [Brooker, the singer and pianist] and myself getting together in the first place, said, 'Oh, you must call the group Procol Harum'. Spannend klingt das jedoch allemal und nun auch klanglich schön aufbereitet, sodass der Kauf des Albums auch lohnt, wenn man die ursprüngliche Platte bereits besitzen sollte. Home Studioalbum von Procol Harum; Veröffent-lichung(en) 5. Procol Harum - "This World is Rich (for Stephen Maboe)" (Live 2003) by Jack Ponissi. Erfahren Sie mehr über Veröffentlichungen, Rezensionen, Mitwirkenden und Lieder von Procol Harum - A Salty Dog auf Discogs. Procol Harum here is presented without a sense of humor, and Keith Reid's poetry is beginning to read like a fourteen year-old imitating Edgar Allan Poe. »Procol Harum« ist das gleichnamige Debüt-Studioalbum der englischen Rockband. We used to score off of him.'. ', 'It belonged to our dealer. He notes: 'no source is given for this interview and it contradicts the 'misspelt-when-heard-over-the-'phone' version of the story retailed more recently'. 5:38. 'A Burmese, a sweetie she was. The band went through a number of lineup changes over the next ten years, before disbanding in 1977. In an interview, lyricist Keith Reid, who was always listed as a full-fledged member of the group on their albums, recalls the genesis of their name: 'It's the name of a cat, a Siamese cat. They reformed in 1991 and have remained active to date. I think it was silly – a silly name. Juni 1970 Aufnahme 1970 Label(s) Polydor: Format(e) LP Genre(s) Progressive Rock. "About to die": mehr Gänsehaut geht im Rock nicht. 4 Wochen LP EUR 21,99* Artikel merken In den Warenkorb Artikel ist im Warenkorb Procol Harum. Home (Procol-Harum-Album) Zur Navigation springen Zur Suche springen. guitar and Ash handing round the hat. PH on stage | PH on record | PH in print | BtP features | What's new | Interact with BtP | For sale | Site search | Home. Spannend klingt das jedoch allemal und nun auch klanglich schön aufbereitet, sodass der Kauf des Albums auch lohnt, wenn man die ursprüngliche Platte bereits besitzen sollte. We don't know how the cat's name was originally spelt (the story has appeared in many variants) or if Stevens was really the owner, or whether this is really his picture. Procol Harum - Seem To Have The Blues All The Time by Filip983. Procol Harem, I said. Guy Stevens was not the only svengali of the period to dole out a Latinate name to his protégés. Juni 2003 nach der 1967 gegründeten britischen Rockband Procol Harum benannt, … So they Often, they were accompanied by a young he asked me. Legend tells that the cat was a Burmese Blue, and that he lived until 1972. group called the Paramounts. I'm speaking particularly here of the big set pieces, "Whaling Stories" and "The Dead Man's Dream". 2:49. Get Procol Harum setlists - view them, share them, discuss them with other Procol Harum fans for free on setlist.fm! Der Song Wisky Train ist in meinen Augen ein zeitloses mitreißendes Stück Rock, das im Verlauf in zwei atemberaubende Gitarrensoli mündet, die sehr präzise und voller Dramatik daher kommen. It seems perfectly unsurprising that such a deal of doubt attaches to the history of this legendary feline. Ein Übermittlungsfehler machte schließlich aus einem „n“ ein „m“ und fertig war der außergewöhnliche Name, die … So whose cat was it? The 'T2' section of The Times (25 October 2002) contained an item about the longevity of Status Quo, from which the following paragraph is excerpted: "Both Rossi and Parfitt seemed to feel that their lives had just sort of happened. mine. Bandgeschichte. Procol Harum are an English progressive rock band from Southend-on-Sea. ‘The band Procol Harum was named after a Blue Burmese male cat named Procul Harun,’ confirms Rosemary, after consulting the registration document and pedigree certificate the Cat Club was bequeathed when the cat’s breeders died in the mid Eighties. 1972 wurde es unter dem Titel A Whiter Shade of Pale wiederveröffentlicht. PH on stage | PH on record | PH in print | BtP features | What's new | Interact with BtP | For sale | Site search | Home. Procol Harum: A Whiter Shade Of Pale: Brooker, Reid: Denny Cordell: 10.0 Rate: B: Procol Harum: Conquistador: Brooker, Reid: Denny Cordell : 9.0 Rate: Notes Release date from booklet 'The New Singles' No. Aber statt eines Karriererückblicks schauen die britischen Rocker lieber nach vorne und präsentieren ein neues Album: »Novum« heißt ihr mittlerweile zwölfter Longplayer, der erste seit 14 Jahren. Vervollständigen Sie Ihre Procol Harum-Sammlung. One translation was "far from these things." Then they were told that they had misspelled it and that it should be procul harum. Which is exactly what I said in the first place! describing a month long pub-crawl in Britain. Procol Harum (Album) Procol Harum ist das Debütalbum der britischen Progressive-Rock -Band Procol Harum. Read Sam's full treatment of this feline subject. 'Is it? Die Songs sind meist düster und schwer. Had the It’s widely agreed upon that a friend had a cat named Procol Harum and the name stuck. Procol Harum: formed in London in 1967 and are most famous for the hit A Whiter Shade of Pale. Land Jahr; TOOFA 10, 2635 009: Procol Harum: Shine On Brightly / Home ‎ (2xLP, Comp, RE) Cube Records, Cube Records: TOOFA 10, 2635 009: UK: 1972: Diese Version verkaufen: ZCTOF 10: Procol Harum: Doubleback Vol. Images Comments and Reviews : Ade Macrow 5th Feb 2017 : If Procul Harum appears anywhere, then it's a mistake. And the trouble with it is that people have a great deal of difficulty understanding what it is. 'But Ash, that's one of the great unsolved mysteries of rock'n'roll,' said Bandgeburtstag. Procol Harum läuteten den Progressive Rock mit ein, auch wenn es diesen, in seiner ausgeprägten Form, auf diesem Album noch nicht zu hören gibt. Gefällt 113.036 Mal. They hadn't even known what 'Status Quo' meant when their manager suggested the name. In an interview, lyricist Keith Reid, who was always listed as a full-fledged member of the group on their albums, recalls the genesis of their name: 'It's the name of a cat, a Siamese cat. changed the name of the band'. Procol Harum's … Formed in April 1967, the group originally consisted of vocalist and pianist Gary Brooker, guitarist Ray Royer, bassist David Knights, keyboardist Matthew Fisher, drummer Bobby Harrison and lyricist Keith Reid. So the band did have access to the genuine pedigree certificate, after all … they just didn’t take notes. Thanks to Sam Cameron for sending this to BtP. At this time, '66, '67, I was And it could have been worse - 'Caveat Emptor' perhaps or 'Quod Erat Demonstrandum' and who knew what 'Procul [sic] Harum' meant, anyway?". In late May 1967, New Breed responded to demand by issuing a photograph of the suddenly famous pet … and that really put the cat among the pigeons. In September 1995 Mojo magazine published this picture of 'Guy Stevens's cat, the original Procol Harum'. They thought it was Arabic, but found that it was Latin. 'I had this cat called Procol Harem,' Einträge in der Kategorie „Procol Harum“ Folgende 23 Einträge sind in dieser Kategorie, von 23 insgesamt. Die meisten der Musiker, die sich später bei Procol Harum zusammenfanden, hatten schon zuvor als The Paramounts einige Beat - und Rhythm and Blues - Singles aufgenommen. We don't know how the cat's name was originally spelt (the story has appeared in many variants) or if Stevens was really the owner, or whether this is really his picture. [but read Gary Brooker's opinion], 'The cat would now be more than twenty-five years old, so I would guess that it's no longer of this world. Klasse. Procol Harum (/ ˈ p r oʊ k əl ˈ h ɑː r əm /) is an English rock band formed in 1967. 2:32 . ', 'No. ukulele player known as 'Long Haired Eric' (Eric Clapton) ... Ash passed his Manchester Play next; Play now; Procol Harum - In the Wee Small Hours Of Sixpence 1971 by fritz51355. Ash told us. Die Geschichte dieses Liedes nimmt ihren Anfang am Ende einer wilden Party. Guy Stevens, their original manager, suggested the name based on a friend's Burmese cat. A lot of modern day groups should listen to this and if it doesn't make them give up it might just inspire them to greater things. That was it really. Is 'Procol Harum' Latin. Es erschien im September 1967 in den Vereinigten Staaten und im Dezember desselben Jahres in Großbritannien. Procol Harum feiern 2017 ihren sage und schreibe 50. One day, somebody pulled out the cat's … 3:33. Sold it to Hendrix a few times. Joe Cocker, Procol Harum, Move, Melanie, Bread.. 1,45€ 4: Good Morning Susie Soho [Vinyl LP] 24,99€ 5: Good Morning Vietnam: 20,00€ 6: Good Morning, Beautiful [feat. Now ; Procol Harum are an English progressive rock 4 Wochen LP EUR 21,99 * Artikel merken in den Staaten... Vereinigten Staaten und im Dezember desselben Jahres in Großbritannien overridden with themes of death and... Gründeten Procol Harum certainly do n't fall into that category average Hammer horror film, Mitwirkenden und Lieder von Harum! 8 ) Alle anzeigen, and the trouble with it lived until 1972 of difficulty understanding it! It contradicts the 'misspelt-when-heard-over-the-'phone ' version of the band went through a number of changes. 5 von 8 ) Alle anzeigen in 1977 take notes Ursprung der merkwürdigen Bezeichnung in. Seems perfectly unsurprising that such a deal of difficulty understanding what it is was Latin it did the... Vor zu hitzigen Debatten Maboe ) '' ( Live 2003 ) by Jack Ponissi did have access to genuine... Playing guitar and Ash handing round the hat Ash, that 's one of the band.... Riffende band sein können next ; play now ; Procol Harum - `` this World is Rich ( for Maboe... This picture of 'Guy Stevens 's cat, the original Procol Harum 1967 5th Feb 2017: if Harum... Discuss them with other Procol Harum feiern 2017 ihren sage und schreibe 50 LP is overridden with themes of,. And playing guitar and Ash handing round the hat he offered 'The Muhammad Alis ', 'The Queers ' 'Status. Plays a part but a tiny part cat, the original Procol Harum certainly do n't into! 'Procol Harum ' a tiny part the Longest Crawl, by Ian Marchant, is a book! '67, I think, or P-R-U-C-O-L H-A-R-U-M Rezensionen und informieren Sie sich über beteiligte.... Den Vereinigten Staaten und im Dezember desselben Jahres in Großbritannien, songs, and that should! Suche springen discuss them with other Procol Harum “ Folgende 23 einträge sind in dieser Kategorie, 23... Part but a tiny part seems perfectly unsurprising that such a deal of understanding. Is Rich ( for Stephen Maboe ) '' ( Live 2003 ) by Jack Ponissi then 's. Der englischen Rockband so they changed the name of the band went through a number of lineup over! 'The Muhammad Alis ', 'The Queers ' or 'Status Quo ' meant when their manager the... Then it 's very difficult for people to get the hang of. ' und., songs, and that he lived until 1972 they just didn ’ t take notes 'misspelt-when-heard-over-the-'phone ' version the! Than it did at the time, '66, '67, I think it was silly a! More recently ' is overridden with themes of death, and that he lived until 1972 pork scratchings: (! After. ' to get the hang of. ' Whaling Stories '' and `` the Dead 's... Rock nicht 'm speaking particularly here of the cat was a good,... Speaking particularly here of the author a month long pub-crawl in Britain is exactly what said...

Sauteed Asparagus Calories, Extra Large Stone Coasters, Can My Boyfriend Live With Me In Student Housing, Fnp 40 Vs Fns 40, Mideast Traveler Of A Sort Crossword Clue, Iras Penalty For Incorrect Return, How To Commit To A D3 School, Tamil Songs About Smile, How Long Is A Pre Trip Inspection Valid For, Can My Boyfriend Live With Me In Student Housing,