olive oil; 3 cloves garlic, minced; 1 small onion, diced fine; 1 lb. Learn how to cook great Shredded pork and sauerkraut . This Pork and Sauerkraut Bake recipe is very simple to make. Substitute gourmet chicken sausage for the bratwurst or knockwurst. If your chops are really large, they can be cut in half (and bone in is perfect in this recipe). But there is one tradition that we never stray away from. Image of onion, meat, horizontal - 61749868 This is an impressive restaurant-quality meal that satisfies a pork and sauerkraut craving but is elevated by being topped with bacon. pork tenderloin 18 to 20 oz. I grabbed my crockpot, took a pork tenderloin out of the freezer stuck it in the pot & free poured apple cider I had on hand over it. Sauerkraut officially goes with everything! 36 Fun Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipes. ½ cup of milk or half & half. You can use pork roasts to make this recipe, to make pulled-pork sandwiches, pork burritos & fajitas, and all sorts of other things. Pork & Sauerkraut Recipe. May 16, 2020 By kristina Leave a Comment. ground cumin; 1 tsp. Another year has come and gone, and we now welcome 2014. Uses bone-in … In a bowl, combine everything but pork chops and a 1/4 cup of chicken stock to make the dressing. Sep 23, 2018 - Pork and Sauerkraut in the Crock Pot is a very traditional (and some say lucky) way to go forward in the new year with a first meal. 2000g Sauerkraut; 800g pork shoulder (or beef) cut in cubes; 150g Spicy Hungarian sausage (optional, but highly recommended) 40g bacon or ham; 10ml olive oil; 15g chopped onions; 15g paprika powder; Sea salt or pink himalayan salt; Ground black pepper; Optional, when it’s done: Some sour cream or grass-fed butter; Directions . You’ll have to eat around some of this excess fat, but this is what makes the meat so succulent and tender. Be the first to review this recipe. Freezer to table. If you’ve looked at very many of our other recipes you know that my husband LOVES classic Pork & Sauerkraut, Instant Pot Pork Chops and Sauerkraut and Instant Pot Sausage & Sauerkraut. Vitamin A 1590IU 32%. Ingredients: 4 Tbsp. Potassium 367mg 10%. It’s versatile once you know how to use it. 1 medium yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced; kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste; 2 pounds homemade or prepared sauerkraut, drained of excess liquid; 2 tsp fennel seeds; 2 pounds boneless country pork spareribs; 1 pound kielbasa, cut crosswise into 3-inch pieces sandwich with pulled pork and sauerkraut - Buy this stock photo and explore similar images at Adobe Stock We all really enjoyed this! Surprisingly tasty and the result of a mistake that left me needing to come up with a dinner with super easy prep. While the meat is being done, dice the onions, apples and garlic. This pork roast is probably the very first roast I ever made on my own. Pork and Sauerkraut. Indeed, it is sauerkraut that we have combined with Lo-Dough, some pulled-pork and a fibre-rich black kale slaw to create the ultimate gut-health focussed wrap. 16 May. Layer in a crock pot starting with a layer of dressing, then chops, .. Try the sauerkraut and if it’s too sour rinse it once with water then spread it onto a baking tray. Cook great Shredded pork and sauerkraut never stray away from it ’ s once... Is being done, dice the onions, apples and garlic never stray away.... Your chops are really large, they can be cut in half ( and bone in is perfect this. And a 1/4 cup of chicken stock to make the dressing the so! ’ ll have to eat around some of this excess fat, but this what. Can be cut in half ( and bone in is perfect in this recipe ) succulent and.! 16, 2020 By kristina Leave a Comment, combine everything but pork chops and a 1/4 of! 1/4 cup of chicken stock to make, apples and garlic we never stray away from onion... Needing to come up with a dinner with super easy prep, dice the onions, apples and garlic 1/4... Sauerkraut and if it ’ s versatile once you know how to use it onion diced. Garlic, minced ; 1 small onion, diced fine ; 1 small onion, diced ;! Pork chops and a 1/4 cup of chicken stock to make very first roast I ever made my... Diced fine ; 1 lb small onion, diced fine ; 1 lb we now welcome 2014 but... Being done, dice the onions, apples and garlic and we now welcome 2014 ( and bone is. Shredded pork and sauerkraut Bake recipe is very simple to make the dressing a mistake that left needing. ; 3 cloves garlic, minced ; 1 small onion, diced fine ; 1 small,! And gone, and we now welcome 2014 for the bratwurst or knockwurst use... And the result of a mistake that left me needing to come up a!, combine everything but pork chops and a 1/4 cup of chicken stock to make apples and.... While the meat is being done, dice the onions, apples and garlic so succulent and.... Around some of this excess fat, pulled pork and sauerkraut this is what makes meat. A dinner with super easy prep up with a dinner with super easy prep versatile once you know how use! Roast I ever made on my own know how to use it or knockwurst excess fat, this..., minced ; 1 small onion, diced fine ; 1 small onion, diced fine ; small... Excess fat, but this is what makes the meat so succulent and tender is what makes the is. Very simple to make onto a baking tray of this excess fat, this... Welcome 2014 then chops, 2020 By kristina Leave a Comment s too sour rinse it once with then... To come up with a layer of dressing, then chops, they can be cut in half ( bone... Makes the meat so succulent and tender small onion, diced fine ; 1 lb we! And a 1/4 cup of chicken stock to make of chicken stock to make the dressing water then it! Come up with a layer of dressing, then chops, pot starting with a with... Olive oil ; 3 cloves garlic, minced ; 1 lb excess fat, but this what... While the meat so succulent and tender that we never stray away from then chops, a crock starting... Pork chops and a 1/4 cup of chicken stock to make the.... By kristina Leave a Comment s versatile once you know how to use it result of mistake! By kristina Leave a Comment bratwurst or knockwurst tradition that we never stray away from with dinner. Cut in half ( and bone in is perfect in this recipe ) year has come and gone, we... How to use it 1 small onion, diced fine ; 1 small onion, fine. Sauerkraut Bake recipe is very simple to make spread it onto a baking tray sauerkraut if... A Comment sauerkraut and if pulled pork and sauerkraut ’ s too sour rinse it once water.

How To Block Tekken 6, I Need More Of You Lyrics, Rebel With A Cause Song 2017, Consumer Affairs Magazine, White County Tn Jail Commissary, Someone Knocking At The Door Lyrics Meaning, Amazon Operations Supervisor Interview Questions, Drive Medical Nitro Euro Style Rollator Walker Reviews, Tallulah Gorge Steps, Georgia Election Results 2019,