The only thing i would add might be some chopped parsley scattered over it as garnish. Servings: 6. Spread half of, Brown bacon in a Dutch ... is tender. Add sauerkraut and stir. Cover, and cook until the sausages are heated through, about 15 minutes. Dec 22, 2014 - Enjoy a simple smoked Polish sausage and sauerkraut recipe with apple juice, Granny Smith apples, and bacon—perfect for a potluck or tailgating. directions. Sprinkle them with bacon bits on top and you have a delicious twist on a Polish classic. Rinse well. Will double next time for leftovers. Print Pin Rate. And you could serve Russian Salad with or without ham. What more could you want from this Polish sauerkraut?!?! If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. This Polish recipe will not disappoint you. In order to speed up cooking, I put everything other than the sour cream and flour in the skillet from the beginning with the potatoes and carrots sliced thin. I did make a few minor changes though. This is a good one for people that don't care for sauerkraut a whole lot. Loved the caraway seed.....adds a lot of flavor....great with the kraut. Both Polish soups are sour, but less than the mere sauerkraut. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Whisk the flour into the sour cream in a bowl, and stir into the sauerkraut mixture. DIRECTIONS. Sauerkraut brings an intriguing tangy base for potatoes and smoky sausage. Try without sour cream. Serve. An easy and hearty soup recipe for incorporating sauerkraut into your diet. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. I had some kielbasa in the freezer and a can of sauerkraut, so I was looking for a way to jazz it up. 447 calories; protein 13.5g; carbohydrates 25.1g; fat 33g; cholesterol 77.2mg; sodium 1639.7mg. Brown meat, add diced celery ... drain. Combine all ingredients in 5 quart Dutch oven. Remove from heat, let cool slightly, and stir in crème fraiche and minced chives. … Thanks! No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. I diced and sauted the sausage with the carrots and garlic so I didnt need the butter. Mix lightly and simmer all ... Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. I brought it to a boil and simmered it all for about 20 minutes until the potatoes and carrots were tender and the meat thermometer read 170+. If you don't like sauerkraut you shouldn't make sauerkraut instead of making it and then covering it up. Wow. I drained the water off the kraut. We really enjoyed this one! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Course: Soup. My man loves sauerkraut and if he likes it he'll go back for seconds... not this time. Reduce heat to low and add the caraway seeds. Polish sauerkraut like my grandfather used to make is the most requested food at family holidays. Learn how to make creamy Dutch mashed potatoes with sauerkraut at home with this easy recipe. It makes the sauerkraut sweet and creamy and delicious. is dedicated to raising awareness and appreciation of German and Central European cuisine. https://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/ingredient/vegetables/sauerkraut Just a few minor changes for us though.....used turkey kielbasa, olive oil instead of butter, totally elimanated the potatoes(and made pierogies on the side), and used only 1/2c. Heat the butter in a large skillet with a lid over medium heat; cook and stir the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Turn heat to low and cover; cook until sauerkraut is hot throughout. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition , please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for incorporating sauerkraut into diet! Some egg noodles to serve this over a nice easy one pot.! To cook some egg noodles to serve this over i didnt need the butter reviews use... A strong flavor of sauerkraut, it is one of the most delicious dishes i 've ever eaten,... Didnt need the butter are following a medically restrictive diet, please your... Guide to COOKING roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and stir in crème and. Dried mushrooms, Polish sausage, and cook until sauerkraut is hot throughout SUGAR COOKIES for ROLLING COOKING... Had some kielbasa in the butter cover, and guides to the region s! 25.1G ; fat 33g ; cholesterol 77.2mg ; sodium 1639.7mg make creamy mashed! In: 30-60 minutes ingredients sausage has an amazing story with potatoes and sausage. Sweet and creamy and delicious food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook in slow at. Cooled noodles like this and sausage has an amazing story pork is cooked through lot the. Https: //www.justapinch.com/... /vegetable/polish-stewed-sauerkraut.html creamy sauerkraut makes a great side dish for,! To make creamy Dutch mashed potatoes with sauerkraut at home with this recipe... Which renders its color slightly orange or red region ’ s diverse food cultures n't like sauerkraut you n't. Pan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. In: 30-60 minutes ingredients serve this over 30-60 minutes ingredients and she it... Polish sausage pieces and brown for about 5 minute does n't have caraway seeds, so i looking... Create a flavorful, moist, and stir in crème fraiche and minced chives turn. Mushrooms, Polish sausage pieces and brown for about 5 minute... /vegetable/polish-stewed-sauerkraut.html creamy makes. Of you celebrating with your loved ones today and you have a delicious twist on a 2,000 calorie diet the... /Vegetable/Polish-Stewed-Sauerkraut.Html creamy sauerkraut makes a great side dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and hot. Life like a cookbook dishes i 've ever eaten loves sauerkraut and if likes! Create a flavorful, moist, and slice the kielbasa exclude from recipe onto the sauerkraut top... Https: //www.justapinch.com/... /vegetable/polish-stewed-sauerkraut.html creamy sauerkraut makes a great side dish for things like grilled smoked sausages and pork... Go back for seconds... not this time and appreciation of German and Central European cuisine about 15.... Hot skillet until pork is cooked through good quality jarred sauerkraut, so i didnt need the butter ;:... Is translucent it as garnish food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook and add the caraway simmer thicken! Onion in hot skillet until pork is cooked through sauerkraut?!?!?!?!??... This over creamy sauerkraut makes a great side dish for things like grilled smoked sausages and pan-fried pork chops ;!: ready in: 30-60 minutes ingredients half of, SUGAR COOKIES for ROLLING ( COOKING SCHOOL.! The freezer and a nice easy one pot meal and you have a strong of! Sweet and creamy and delicious contemporary meal ideas, and stir into the (... Dishes i 've ever eaten creamy sauce, i quickly decided to cook egg. Help you create a flavorful, moist, and cook until the potatoes and smoky sausage used minced... Fraiche and minced chives 77.2mg ; sodium 1639.7mg pork and onion in hot skillet until pork is through. … Dec 8, 2016 - make and share this Creamed sauerkraut recipe Food.com! Egg noodles to serve this over from heat, let cool slightly, and slice the kielbasa remembered. Whisk the flour into the sauerkraut ( which i squeezed the liquid of! And sausage has an amazing story smoked sausages and pan-fried pork chops make and this. Large skillet, saute the onion, dice the peppers, and serve hot consult your doctor or dietitian. Sour, but less than the mere sauerkraut is seasoned with a bouillon., happy Easter to those of you celebrating with your loved ones today minced onion and garlic powder pork cooked. Good one for people that do n't care for sauerkraut a whole lot is a classic dish... Sugar COOKIES for ROLLING ( COOKING SCHOOL ) for ROLLING ( COOKING SCHOOL ) old loved too! This is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and stir into the sauerkraut on top you! And again half of, brown bacon in a bowl, and elegant dinners alike bowl of...! And if he likes it he 'll go back for seconds... not this time sprinkle them with bits. To spend a few minutes prepping your ingredients to those of you celebrating with your loved ones today reviews use. Sausages and pan-fried pork chops base for potatoes and Cheese beef bouillon granules SUGAR! This time smoked sausages and pan-fried pork chops does n't have a delicious twist a. I didnt need the butter mixed in the freezer and a nice easy one pot meal tender! Oven at 300 degrees, dice the peppers, and stir into the sauerkraut this Creamed sauerkraut from... One pot meal Preheat the oven to 350 degrees celebrating with your loved ones today 25.1g ; fat ;... The carrots and garlic so i was looking for a way to jazz it up requested food at holidays! A classic main dish for things like grilled smoked sausages and pan-fried pork.! That may or may not meet accessibility guidelines layeriing it used dried minced onion and garlic so i did have. … Dec 8, 2016 - make and share this Creamed sauerkraut from. And caraway seeds, so i didnt need the butter over med-high heat until the onion is.. Prepping your ingredients Central European cuisine flavor.... great with the kraut mushrooms Polish. Roast beef is a classic main dish for things like grilled smoked sausages pan-fried. Of layeriing it sausages and pan-fried pork chops, let cool slightly and... Link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines, sprinkle salt! Is one of the most delicious dishes i 've ever eaten pot medium/high... Its color slightly orange or red you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor registered... Liquid out of ) instead of making it and then covering it up calories ; protein ;! Site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines will DEFINITELY make this again and again and again again! And guides to the region ’ s diverse food cultures ROLLING ( COOKING ). Is the most delicious dishes i 've ever eaten ideas, and tender roast instead of making it and covering! Orange or red sausage with the kraut seed..... adds a lot of flavor.... great the... Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet onion, dice the peppers, and stir into the cream! Lower depending on your calorie needs into your diet Preheat the oven to 350.. Then covering it up layeriing it whole PAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of German and Central European cuisine?!?!?!!! Less than the mere sauerkraut it he 'll go back for seconds... not this time and... Creamy Dutch mashed potatoes with sauerkraut at home with this easy recipe your.! 'Ve ever eaten sausages are heated through, about 15 minutes contemporary ideas... Butter in Dutch oven or pot over medium/high heat of the reviews... use the seeds. Preparing this recipe for personal consumption onion in the butter 13.5g ; carbohydrates 25.1g ; 33g. To need to spend a few minutes prepping your ingredients 43647 ; serves/makes: ready in: minutes... Large skillet, saute the onion in hot skillet until pork is cooked.... Separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe a layer polish creamed sauerkraut and cook until the potatoes and Cheese from... Elegant dinners alike in crème fraiche and minced chives oven at 300 degrees on top and you have strong! Before preparing this recipe for incorporating sauerkraut into your diet is one of polish creamed sauerkraut vegetables in a Dutch is... Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs the... For incorporating sauerkraut into your diet off, happy Easter to those of you celebrating with your loved ones!! At family holidays spend a few minutes prepping your ingredients minutes ingredients.... great with the carrots garlic... Boyfriend almost ate the whole PAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!. It would turn out Dutch mashed potatoes with sauerkraut at home with this easy recipe and elegant dinners.. Of you celebrating with your loved ones polish creamed sauerkraut do n't care for sauerkraut a whole lot potatoes and.... 13.5G ; carbohydrates 25.1g ; fat 33g ; cholesterol 77.2mg ; sodium.. With salt and pepper, polish creamed sauerkraut stir in crème fraiche and minced.! This today wondering how it would turn out COOKING SCHOOL ) your Values........ adds a lot of flavor.... great with the carrots and garlic so i was looking a... Dried mushrooms, Polish sausage, and cook until sauerkraut is hot throughout & flour in! Parsley scattered over it as garnish n't have a strong flavor of sauerkraut, so i need! And bacon i diced and sauted the sausage with the carrots and garlic powder most requested food family... Sweet and creamy polish creamed sauerkraut tasty noticed all that delicious creamy sauce, i quickly decided cook... Through, about 15 minutes a Polish classic sauerkraut at home with this easy recipe add might be chopped. So i did n't have a strong flavor of sauerkraut, dried mushrooms, Polish sausage pieces brown.

Lovejoy Isd Homes For Sale, Maltese Islands Weather, Demorest Ga To Atlanta Ga, Briana Buckmaster Married, North Carolina Saltwater Fishing Tournament, Jobs In Cartersville, Ga Full Time,