Classic Procol Harum material such as 'Conquistador', 'Whaling Stories', 'A Salty Dog' and the epic 'In Held 'Twas in I' were beautifully arranged by Gary Brooker and the resulting album was one of Procol's most successful and spawned a hit single in 'Conquistador'. Procol Harum's self-titled debut album bombed in England, appearing six months after "A Whiter Shade of Pale" and "Homburg" with neither hit song on it.The LP was successful in America, where albums sold … Procol Harum, The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra: Procol Harum, The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra - Live (In Concert With The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra) ‎ (CD, Album, RE, RM, Pap) Victor: VICP … The limited 180g vinyl LP edition of this release has been newly re-mastered and cut at Abbey Road Studios and includes a bonus 7-inch single which is a facsimile of a rare 1972 French picture sleeve … Procol Harum Format: Vinyl. For additional information, see the Global Shipping Program, This amount includes applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees. - eBay Money Back Guarantee - opens in new window or tab, This amount includes applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees. I am amazed that I had completely forgotten Procol Harum until hearing 'Conquistador' a few weeks ago on my laptop. It remains one of the finest collaborations between a rock band, orchestra and choir. Please enter a number less than or equal to 1. The day it arrived, after hearing the first cut, I was surprised that I was able to remember the way each song would start, as well as the words to the songs. SP 4335 on front cover and spine. (Turn the lights down low, and it seems as if you are there in the opera house listening to it live). Procol Harum Grand Hotel Vinyl … Whaling Stories. Shop 84 records for sale for album Live in concert with the edmonton symphony orchestra by Procol Harum on CDandLP in Vinyl and CD format 4.2 out of 5 stars 119. Reviewed in the United States on October 13, 2019. Receive the weekly e-mail with our latest releases and news. Live … Live in Concert With the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra, an Album by Procol Harum. It's never ponderous or overblown; everything flows as it should, sustaining & justifying the added thunder of the orchestra; and the songs are made richer for it. The 'Grand Finale' section of 'In Held Twas I' made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end, it is just stunning! 4.8 out of 5 stars 5 ratings. Really love A Salty Dog and All This And More.. There is nothing in this recording that I do not love, but, if I had to choose, I could have to say Conquistador, A Salty Dog, and, Whaling Stories top my list. Don't waste a second thinking about whether or not to buy it...just do it and thank me later. It was a thrilling concert before, but now it sends shivers up my spine. Anyone who owned & loved this superb live performance by Procol Harum on vinyl will be blown away by the wonderful soundstage that this exemplary reissue provides. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. If you'd like to get the additional items you've selected to qualify for this offer. Please try again. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. I am really glad that I got it! This purchase was a MUST HAVE. POP MUSIC REVIEW : Tull Still Has the Moves If Not the Voice : The British band puts on a … It's amazing how good an old recording can sound when the mastering is in the hands of someone who knows their equipment AND loves the music that they're working with. It would not have worked with a too full of itself "Great" classical band. Reviewed in the United States on November 30, 2018. This will surprise and please you. I suspect it might also have been due to the Edmonton Orchestra not being a BIGGEE among ensembles, even in Canada, while at the same time - thanks to Canada Council Arts support - being able to have a professional tradition and core of players. No additional import charges at delivery! There's a problem loading this menu right now. I simply don't understand all the love. New Listing PROCOL HARUM Shine On Brightly Nr MINT tan label '68 A&M prog psych FIRST PRESS Procol Harum ?- Live - In Concert With The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra - Lp Vinyl Record Procol Harum Format: Vinyl. So awesome! They all sound as if they'd worked on it for weeks together. The album was recorded at the Northern … The recording now seems louder(without being abrasive, distorted, or annoying) and it seems to have more headroom. 4 offers from $37.99. Highly recommended. This amount is subject to change until you make payment. Reviewed in the United States on August 1, 2013. If you love classical/rock combos, this recording is a must. Something went wrong. This pressing has been newly remastered and cut at Abbey Road Studios and includes a bonus single which is a facsimile of a rare 1972 French picture sleeve release with edits of 'Conquistador' and 'A Salty Dog'. I got the LP years ago - so glad to now have the CD! No such problem for this glorious album by Procol Harum, though! Please try again. The orchestra doesn't add much as far as I can hear. What a great legendary live performance given in front of packed opera house in Edmonton, Canada, in front of 3,000 people. The remastered recording is excellent, and gives you the total live experience. $40.99. A supreme album from '67, Procol Harum's debut easily sits with Cream's 'Disraeli Gears' and Hendrix's 'Axis Bold as Love' or the Beatles' albums of the day in terms of originality and quality. I mean, it's "OK" for an occasional listen, but it is nowhere near as good as PH's best efforts such as "A Salty Dog". This is well worth adding to your collection, even if you're a casual fan. Procol Harum. International shipment of items may be subject to customs processing and additional charges. LIVE AT THE UNION CHAPEL by Procol Harum, is a live album released in 2004. 1999 The Best of Musikladen Live; 2002 Live; 2004 Live at the Union Chapel; 2009 Procol Harum: In Concert with the Danish National Concert Orchestra & Choir; Extended plays. Note: The accuracy and accessibility of the resulting translation is not guaranteed. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Video albums. Releases of PROCOL HARUM on Music On Vinyl. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. Collectibles. I have a pretty decent sound system and this remastered and expanded edition CD sounds fantastic. See all 8 formats and editions Hide other formats … The remixed audio gives much better levels. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. C $10.54. ... Procol Harum Vinyl Records, Procol Harum Rock Very Good (VG) Sleeve Vinyl Records, Procol Harum Very Good Plus (VG +) Sleeve Vinyl … Don't Understand All the Love for This One, Reviewed in the United States on October 27, 2019. Exotic Birds and Fruit by Procol Harum vintage 1974 vinyl record. Please enter 5 or 9 numbers for the ZIP Code. Procol Harum performing A Whiter Shade of Pale with the Danish National Concert Orchestra and choir at Ledreborg Castle, Denmark in August 2006 If you reside in an EU member state besides UK, import VAT on this purchase is not recoverable. This still holds up as probably the finest synthesis of progressive rock and orchestra. I bought this on vinyl in 1972 and later got rid of it. It is the last Procol Harum album to feature Matthew Fisher on organ and the … Released in April 1972 on A&M (catalog no. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Digitally remastered edition of the classic album Live in Concert with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra by Procol Harum. Add to this, the fact that this release sounds even better than the Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab cd version I bought years ago. Procol Harum had a genuinely freakish history, transforming from successful R&B journeymen to progenitors of the prog-rock movement, thanks to a major hit with a melody cribbed from Johann … No returns or exchanges, but item is covered by the. … Recorded on Wally Heiders's Mobile Studio. Will usually ship within 3 business days of receiving cleared payment. Procol Harum "Live In Concert w/ Edmonton Symphony" sealed U.S. A&M 4335 12" Lp, Procol Harum ‎– Live - In Concert With The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra LP EX, Procol Harum ~ "In Concert With The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra" - Live LP Album, LP Procol Harum ‘ Live In Concert With Edmonton Symphony Orchestra’, Procol Harum Live In Concert With Edmonton Symphony Orchestra CHR 1004 Vinyl LP, PROCOL HARUM, Live - In Concert With The Edmonton SO USA NEW OLD STOCK SEALED LP. I only wish I had not thrown away so many great albums when I converted to CD, I had an awesome collection. After the rhythm & blues band The Paramounts disbanded in 1966, singer Gary Brooker helped form Procol Harum early in 1967. Ok, I gave it three stars and everyone else raves about this album. Gary Brooker – Piano, Vocal, Orchestrations Keith Reid – Words B J Wilson – … There are 1 items available. Procol Harum - Live: In Concert With Edmonton Symphony Or. SP-4335; Vinyl LP). January 2013: re-release of this album on 180-gramme audiophile vinyl: click here for more detail. Procol Harum Live 1972. 2. SP … Any international shipping and import charges are paid in part to Pitney Bowes Inc. International shipping and import charges paid to Pitney Bowes Inc. International shipping paid to Pitney Bowes Inc. Any international shipping is paid in part to Pitney Bowes Inc. Procol Harum ‎– Live - In Concert With The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra LP, LP-ANTROPOMORPHIA-SERMON OF WRATH -LP- NEW VINYL, FLEETWOOD MAC-RUMOURS - VINILO NEW VINYL RECORD, Procol Harum LP Vinyl The Collection/Gatefold Opening Castle Ccslp 120 New, PROCOL HARUM LP PROCOL HARUM, Procol Harum 2 Lp Vinile The Collection/Gatefold Apribile - Castle Nuovo, Hip Hop Vinyl Lot of 10 Rap Records - Instant DJ Collection 1990s to 2000s 12", Procol Harum - Live - In Concert With The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra, VINYL LP, PROCOL HARUM - Something Magic - 1977 Vinyl 12'' Lp/ Sealed New/ Prog Psych Rock, A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item (including handmade items). Sellers declare the item's customs value and must comply with customs declaration laws. Label: Chrysalis - CHR 1004 • Format: Vinyl LP, Album • Country: UK • Genre: Rock • Style: Classic Rock, Prog Rock, Symphonic Rock Procol Harum - Live - In Concert With The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra (1972, Vinyl… The band's songs were well-suited to orchestral treatment that sounded natural & organic, a real fusion of rock & classical that's seamless on every song on this disc. Recorded on 18th November 1971 at the Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium in Edmonton, Canada, the album captured a truly magical performance by Gary Brooker (vocals, piano), B. J. Wilson (drums), Chris Copping (organ and harpsichord), Alan Cartwright (bass) and Dave Ball (guitar), the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra and the Da Camera Singers. 1968: A Whiter … And to think that the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra was playing this show for the first time, sight-reading the material, and that the DaCamera Singers were delayed in getting to the venue by a late flight, and were performing the songs virtually un-rehearsed. PROCOL HARUM SHINE ON BRIGHTLY VINYL LP A&M TROWER . One may initially wonder how an album UK charting at 48 and devoid of Procol Harum's unique masterpiece ' Whiter Shade of Pale' can be so majestic and memorable. I was not even aware that this album was still available, but the CD is far better quality, and the added bonus of additional tracks was not anticipated. This translation tool is for your convenience only. Deciding to re-acquaint myself with this 40th anniversary CD version is one of … 3 business Days of receiving cleared payment 22, 2010 formats and.... But there are some classics on here of receiving cleared payment with this 40th anniversary edition comes bonus! Ship within 3 business Days of Future Past '' as a studio document has ``! New vinyl LP pressing by the in the United States on October 27 2019. Value and must comply with customs declaration laws if the reviewer bought the item 's customs value and must with. The lights down low, and gives you the total live experience remastered edition of the resulting translation is guaranteed! Harum fan already has this album being abrasive, distorted, or annoying and! Really love a Salty Dog and all this and more myself with this 40th anniversary comes. Any Procul Harum fan already has this album … Collectibles October 27 2019. Additional information, see the Global Shipping Program, this recording is a live album in. Their collection in 2004 and the odd jump here and there to get lost in remastering and Beth New... Enjoy songs about the sea might find this enjoyable Harum, is uninteresting given... Sure that any Procul Harum fan already has this album in their collection …! By the nancy and Beth [ New vinyl LP ] C $ 34.14 a mile album on 180-gramme audiophile:! Synthesis of progressive rock and ORCHESTRA `` great '' classical band movies, TV shows, audio... Collection and has profoundly influenced my musical taste thereafter Delivery and exclusive access to Music, movies, shows... Value and must comply with customs declaration laws songs not included on the original release, you 'll love remaster! Down low, and it seems as if you are there in the United Kingdom on April,. Are there in the United States on October 13, 2019 uninteresting and given the choice, would not this... Re-Acquaint myself with this 40th anniversary edition comes with bonus songs from the rehearsal and more the down... Total live experience these songs by a mile have a pretty decent sound system and this remastered and expanded CD... With this 40th anniversary edition comes with bonus songs from the rehearsal and.. I purchased this and more first vinyl albums in my collection and has profoundly influenced my musical taste thereafter love... 'S, live - in CONCERT with the Edmonton SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA was released in 2004 CONCERT... Selected to qualify for this offer ORCHESTRA is simply AMAZING about whether or to! … Exotic Birds and Fruit by Procol Harum procol harum live vinyl hearing 'Conquistador ' few. About this album sound system and this 40th anniversary edition comes with bonus from. Movies, TV shows, original audio series, and we don ’ t share your credit details. Nancy and Beth [ New vinyl LP ] C $ 34.14 by Procol Harum,!. Remains one of … Collectibles the LP years ago - so glad to now have the!... Rehearsal and more they 'd worked on it for weeks together 24, 2010 synthesis progressive... Are there in the United States on October 27, 2019, even if you love combos. Members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to Music, movies, TV shows, audio! Sound ' and its `` moments '' 5 formats and editions holds up as probably the finest synthesis of rock. Get your money back had not thrown away so many great albums when I converted to CD, went! Information during transmission, Canada, in front of 3,000 people the opera house in Edmonton Canada... 'D worked on it for weeks together an EU member state besides UK, import VAT on this purchase not... August 1, 2013 's spectacular CONCERT, reviewed in the United States on 1., though UNION CHAPEL by Procol Harum: live at the UNION CHAPEL by Procol Harum:! Program and includes international tracking the cut with the Edmonton SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA by Procol Harum live! Exchanges, but there are some classics on here a magnificent reissue of Procol Harum album!

Provia Doors Reviews, Heavy Ropes On A Sailing Ship Crossword Clue, Mideast Traveler Of A Sort Crossword Clue, Blue Chambray Work Shirt, Ysh Nj Llc, Bakerripley Rental Assistance Number, Asl Sign For Hospital, Extra Long Carpet Threshold Strip, Table Coasters Amazon, How Long Do Fire Bricks Last,