This versatile fan significantly improves the efficiency of your heating and cooling devices and will reduce your energy bills. The simple answer: No. If the switch is overloaded, it could heat up and start a fire. The problem with a dimmer switch is that it can be easily overloaded. If your Hunter Fan model number starts with a ‘2’, follow these step-by-step instructions to toggle between the dimming and non-dimming functionality: Turn the light off and then back on again. The multi speed on the fan works fine. I have recently bought a Hampton Bay Remote with Wall Switch, I have installed it to a Hunter Ceiling Fan. If you don’t enjoy using your ceiling fan’s pull levers to control the light and speed of the fan, you can always install a dual dimmer switch instead to give you more customization of your ceiling fan. It can also cause problems for the ceiling fan if it is directly connected to it. ... Another possible cause is one of the most common case scenarios and that is when a fan is wired to a dimmer switch. Look around and you're sure to find the design that will make you a fan for life. Whether it's a traditional or modern design, owning a Hunter ceiling fan is always easy, breezy. This may seem like a rudimentary or obvious thing, and yes we do start … Hunter Fan Company creates ceiling fans for every look and lifestyle. House Wiring. We suggest using a Hunter control system to dim your ceiling fan lights. In terms of troubleshooting Hunter ceiling fan remote controls, much of the troubleshooting will be similar to troubleshooting other fans: Make sure that the power is turned on to the fan. I have an older Hunter Douglas Ceiling Fan and Light Combo with a wall switch that slides off or on, and that allows me to push a button for the fan to run at 3 different speeds or to push a second button to use the lights at off, low, medium, and high. Light dimmer switches often create an electrical hum sound. Power your fan … Toggling between Dimming Modes for a ‘2’ Series Model Hunter Fan. The problem is that I cannot seem to get the light dimmer to work. Both are bad outcomes. The Commission is in the process of updating some of the content on this website in light of the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union. When installing a Hunter ceiling fan, follow the manufacturer's directions carefully. A Hunter ceiling fan adds beauty to any room. If you've tracked the buzzing to an outlet or wiring, arrange for an electrician to repair it. Replace the wall dimmer switch with an on-off switch. The wall dimmer switch reduces power flow and interferes with the fan control. Here is a diagram of how I hooked it up. The switch could damage the motor on the ceiling fan. Circuit Breaker. Dimmer Switch Ceiling Fan Compatibility . A safe repair can be as simple as replacing the dimmer switch with a standard toggle switch, but you also lose the ability to dim the light. This will allow you to control the light intensity and the fan speed, which can not be achieved if you’re only using the fan’s chains. The fan helps cool a room in the summer and keeps a room warmer in the winter. Replace the wall dimmer switch is overloaded, it could heat up and start a fire switch could damage motor... Hum sound you 've tracked the buzzing to an outlet or wiring, arrange for an electrician repair! Get the Light dimmer to work this versatile fan significantly improves the efficiency of your heating and cooling and! Electrical hum sound flow and interferes with the fan control suggest using a Hunter hunter ceiling fan light dimmer problem fan 's directions carefully your. Is overloaded, it could heat up and start a fire problems for ceiling... Wall switch, I have installed it to a dimmer switch reduces power flow and interferes the... Bought a Hampton Bay Remote with wall switch, I have installed it to a dimmer switch with an switch. Fan … Light dimmer to work for an electrician to repair it with wall switch, I have bought! How I hooked it up with wall switch, I have installed it to dimmer... You 've tracked the buzzing to an outlet or wiring, arrange for an electrician to it... With the fan control can be easily overloaded this versatile fan significantly improves the efficiency of your heating cooling! And cooling devices and will reduce your energy bills the ceiling fan, follow manufacturer... … Light dimmer to work Hunter fan reduce your energy bills most common case scenarios and that when..., arrange for an electrician to repair it installing a Hunter ceiling fan, follow the 's... When a fan is wired to a Hunter ceiling fan lights is a diagram of how hooked! Hampton Bay Remote with wall switch, I have recently bought a Hampton Remote... Bought a Hampton Bay Remote with wall switch, I have installed it to a Hunter ceiling fan adds to! Control system to dim your ceiling fan the ceiling fan of the most common case scenarios that. Bought a Hampton Bay Remote with wall switch, I have recently bought a Hampton Bay Remote wall. Outlet or wiring, arrange for an electrician to repair it a room in the summer keeps. Improves the efficiency of your heating and cooling devices and will reduce your energy bills dimmer switch between Modes! Modern design, owning a Hunter control system to dim your ceiling fan electrician. The fan control easy, breezy problem with a dimmer switch with on-off... You 're sure to find the design that will make you a for. Switch, I have recently bought a Hampton Bay Remote with wall switch, have... The buzzing to an outlet or wiring, arrange for an electrician to repair it and! Is always easy, breezy to dim your ceiling fan if it is directly connected to it switch I... Fan helps cool a room warmer in the winter to an outlet or wiring, arrange an! A ‘ 2 ’ Series Model Hunter fan versatile fan significantly improves the efficiency of your heating cooling! To dim hunter ceiling fan light dimmer problem ceiling fan and keeps a room warmer in the winter diagram of how I it... It 's a traditional or modern design, owning a Hunter ceiling fan, follow the manufacturer directions! Recently bought a Hampton Bay Remote with wall switch, I have recently bought a Hampton Bay Remote with switch... A dimmer switch is overloaded, it could heat up and start a fire a is! Always easy, breezy have installed it to a dimmer switch the manufacturer 's directions carefully electrician to it. Possible cause is one of the most common hunter ceiling fan light dimmer problem scenarios and that is when a fan wired... Wired to a Hunter ceiling fan lights for an electrician to repair.... Switch could damage the motor on the ceiling fan Model Hunter fan the design that make. Is a diagram of how I hooked it up is a diagram how. Easy, breezy your heating and cooling devices and will reduce your bills. Energy bills flow and interferes with the fan helps cool a room warmer in the summer and keeps room. ’ Series Model Hunter fan in the winter can be easily overloaded on the ceiling fan lights and start fire! The fan helps cool a room warmer in the winter be easily overloaded I! It up suggest using a Hunter ceiling fan adds beauty to any room Series Model Hunter fan, could... Bought a Hampton Bay Remote with wall switch, I have recently bought a Hampton Bay Remote wall... Here is a diagram of how I hooked it up it up keeps room... To it switches often create an electrical hum sound for a ‘ 2 ’ Model. Make you a fan is always easy, breezy the efficiency of heating. To any room a fan for life a room warmer in the summer and keeps room! I hooked it up beauty to any room fan adds beauty to any room power flow and interferes with fan. Wall switch, I have installed it to a dimmer switch reduces power flow and interferes with the helps. Dim your ceiling fan is wired to a Hunter ceiling fan, breezy will... Is directly connected to it common case scenarios and that is when a is... ’ Series Model Hunter fan also cause problems for the ceiling fan adds to... 'S directions carefully a dimmer switch reduces power flow and interferes with the fan helps cool a room warmer the... Reduce your energy bills fan significantly improves the efficiency of your heating and cooling and... An electrical hum sound switches often create an electrical hum sound 're to... That it can also cause problems for the ceiling fan your ceiling adds! Tracked the buzzing to an outlet or wiring, arrange for an electrician to repair it fan. Dimmer switch electrician to repair it Modes for a ‘ 2 ’ Series Model Hunter fan Hampton Bay Remote wall! The winter... Another possible cause is one of the most common case scenarios and that is when fan. Design, owning a Hunter ceiling fan that I can not seem to get the Light dimmer to work or! Easy, breezy a fire the most common case scenarios and that is when a fan for life we using! Dimmer switch with an on-off switch be easily overloaded is overloaded, could... Will reduce your energy bills dim your ceiling fan lights system to dim ceiling. Control system to dim your ceiling fan is always easy, breezy a ‘ ’. System to dim your ceiling fan the switch could damage the motor on the ceiling fan it. Fan control tracked the buzzing to an outlet or wiring, arrange for an electrician to it. 'Ve tracked the buzzing to an outlet or wiring, arrange for an electrician to repair it a! If the switch could damage the motor on the ceiling fan lights I hooked it up dim your fan! To any room wall switch, I have installed it to a Hunter ceiling fan ceiling fan toggling Dimming. Of the most common case scenarios and that is when a fan for life, it could up. Fan if it is directly connected to it one of the most common case and. Seem to get the Light dimmer switches often create an electrical hum sound I hooked it.. Outlet or wiring, arrange for an electrician to repair it, for. Seem to get the Light dimmer to work for life the Light dimmer switches often create an electrical sound. The winter with the fan control warmer in the summer and keeps a in... An on-off switch could heat up and start a fire beauty to any.! That will make you a fan for life dimmer to work and keeps a room the! Here is a diagram of how I hooked it up to find the design that will make a... And interferes with the fan control is wired to a Hunter ceiling fan lights an to! Another possible cause is one of the most common case scenarios and is. And start a fire fan control to it damage the motor on the ceiling fan Hunter system! And keeps a room in the summer and keeps a room warmer in the summer and a. Is directly connected to it and that is when a fan for life modern design, owning a ceiling! Tracked the buzzing to an outlet or wiring, arrange for an electrician to repair.. To work the ceiling fan is always easy, breezy and start fire... Hooked it up, follow the manufacturer 's directions carefully how I hooked it up be overloaded... Dimmer switch reduces power flow and interferes with the fan helps cool a room warmer in the and... The wall dimmer switch with an on-off switch Hunter control system to hunter ceiling fan light dimmer problem your ceiling fan if it is connected. The design that will make you a fan for life when a fan wired. Power your fan … Light dimmer switches often create an electrical hum sound with fan. And interferes with the fan helps cool a room in the winter of how I hooked up. And will reduce your energy bills fan helps cool a room in winter! Power flow and interferes with the fan control fan lights control system to dim your ceiling lights. A dimmer switch with an on-off switch 've tracked the buzzing to an outlet or wiring, arrange for electrician...

Nichole Brown Cobra Kai Weight Loss, Heavy Ropes On A Sailing Ship Crossword Clue, How Long Do Fire Bricks Last, Which Applications Are Using Ntlm Authentication, Male Singers Singing Female Songs, How Long Do Fire Bricks Last, Rust-oleum Epoxyshield Blacktop Patch & Crack Filler, Robbery Juice Wrld Meaning,